Find a Hospital Near You
No. 1, Jalan Danau Saujana
Off Jalan Genting Klang
53300 Kuala Lumpur
General Line: +603 4145 9999
Columbia Asia facilities provide trusted affordable care with an emphasis on the most prevalent medical issues of a region, from births and children's health to waterborne illnesses, broken bones, diabetes and other health challenges.
At Columbia Asia Hospital – Setapak, patients benefit from advanced medical diagnostics, treatment and the personal care that only comes in facilities where the focus is on each patient. Use the list below to learn more about what CAH – Setapak offers.
Ear, Nose and Throat
Obstetrics and Gynecology
|Orthopedic & Trauma Surgery
|24 hour Accident & Emergency Care|
Day Surgery & Endoscopy Unit
Multidisciplinary Specialist Clinics
Columbia Asia Hospital – Setapak’s Fertility Centre is a comprehensive and well-equipped centre located within the Klang Valley area. The Fertility Centre provide a full range of fertility services using the latest Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART). The focus of Fertility Centre is to leverage on ART to offer infertility treatments for couples with the hope to achieving a live birth.
The reproductive specialist will explain in details to provide clarity in understanding on how we take a holistic approach in fertility care to solve infertility problems. Success rates will depend on age, physical/medical conditions and lifestyles. Couples will make informed health care choices and treatment investments. Our focus revolves around the patients to bring them hope to accomplish their dreams of parenthood.
Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART)
What is ART Programme?
The Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) Programme comprises medical techniques to assist women to conceive. Types of ART Programme includes In Vitro Fertilization (IVF), Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI) and other ART procedures. In ART, a woman’s eggs are removed from her ovaries by a doctor and combined with sperm through laboratory methods where one or more eggs are fertilized and up to 3 embryos will transferred to the woman’s uterus. Excess embryos will be cryopreserved for further use.
Reasons for Seeking Infertility Treatment
- Damaged or blocked fallopian tubes which prevent the sperm from reaching the egg.
- Suboptimal sperm quantity or quality which reduces the chances for fertilization
- Presence of antisperm antibodies in sperm.
- Anovulation (failure of the ovary to release eggs).
- Unexplained in fertility.
List of Services and Treatments
- Follicular Stimulation Protocol
- Semen Analysis (SA)
- Intrauterine Insemination (IUI)
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
- Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
- Embryo Transfer (ET)
- Surgical Sperm Retrieval (SSR)
- Vitrification / Cryopreservation of gametes and embryos
- Frozen Embryo Transfer (FET)
- Preimplantation Genetic Diagnostic (PGD)
Steps in ART Programme Cycle
- Medical assessment of the treatment
- Commencement for ovarian stimulation
- Ultrasound scan
- Egg Retrieval and Semen Collection
- Fertilization and Embryo Culture
- Embryo Transfer
- Pregnancy Test