Dr Ajit Huilgol is the Director and Chief Transplant Surgeon, Karnataka Nephrology and Transplant Institute. He has performed more than 2000 kidney transplants to date.
A rank holder in the Pre-University exam of the Bangalore University, he graduated from Bangalore Medical College in 1975, as the best outgoing student (with top honors in Forensic Medicine and OB/GYN). He completed his post-graduation as a medalist in General Surgery from the well-known institution, PGIMER, Chandigarh, in 1979.
A strong-willed and dedicated surgeon, with multiple publications to his credit, he has been a mentor to many young surgeons. The proficiency, passion, and indomitable spirit in his work have won him reverence from his colleagues. A winner of TWO Life-Time Achievement Awards in Surgery, awards in Wildlife Photography (He is a wildlife enthusiast.), and recognition as a cricket commentator are some of his other achievements.
With his leadership role in Transplant Surgery, here in Columbia Asia, he is also part of the team that conducts kidney transplants in Bangladesh, Nigeria, and Ethiopia.
- Renal Transplant Surgery
- Chief Surgeon, Sivagiri Narayana Mission Hospital, Varkala, Kerala
- Lecturer in Surgery, M.S. Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore
- Senior Resident / Registrar in Department of Transplant Surgery, PGIMER, Chandigarh
- Assistant Professor, Surgery, M.S. Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore
- Associate Professor, Surgery, M.S. Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore
- Head of Department of Transplant and Vascular Surgery, M.S. Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore