All investigations will be ordered by the doctor and carried out by the ward nurse. If any preparation is required before such procedures, the same will be indicated.
The consultant is responsible for the medical treatment which includes deciding the line of treatment, prescribing medication and ordering investigations. You will also be evaluated periodically by other medical staff.
The nursing team in the ward will be responsible for the care throughout your stay. Once you are in the room, you may use the nurse call button at your bedside for any nursing attention. The nursing team is trained to address queries that you may have about any your treatment and stay.
The Department of Physiotherapy offers therapeutic exercises, stretches and other modalities in aiding pain relief such as joint mobilization and manipulations, breathing exercises and chest manipulations to improve quality of life and restore functional ability. The treatment for in-patients is decided by the physiotherapist based on the instructions given by the treating doctor.
Other important information:
- A nurse will receive and orient the patient to their room
- The dietician will visit and discuss the diet plan
- The patient's companion is expected to read and be familiar with the visitors’ policy, which can be found in the service directory
- Doctors and nurses will visit at different times of the day in connection with the treatment and care
- Typically, a day in the ward commences between 5 - 6 am with a wash and bed preparation, the room is usually cleaned twice a day (or more in case a need arises) and meals are served as per the schedule given in the directory