Common cold, sore throat and fever are experienced by all of us at some point in our lives. Influenza or flu, measles, pneumonia or tuberculosis are common infections which spread rapidly but can be prevented by following some simple measures.
How to prevent spread of infections
- Hand Washing: is advised to cleanse the hands of germs which can cause personal harm or disease. This is especially important for people who handle food or work with sick people. Washing your hands is one of the most effective ways to prevent infection.
- Wet your hands and apply sanitizer
- Rub your hands vigorously together making sure the backs of the hands are included
- Continue for 1-2 minutes. It is the soap combined with the vigorous rubbing action that helps remove germs
- Rinse well and dry your hands thoroughly with a disposable towel
Stay at home if you are sick.