Columbia Asia Hospital - Palam Vihar has a Centre of excellence for Spine disorders. Our Spine specialists are well experienced and trained at some of the best hospitals in India and abroad. The specialized infrastructure is designed to suit the needs of patients and built for maximum comfort and efficiency. Patients benefit from advanced medical diagnostics, treatment and the personal care that only comes in facilities, where the focus is on individualised, patient specific management and treatment plans. Our consultants practice evidence based medicine, adding their own invaluable experience and follow internationally benchmarked treatment protocols.
Accurate diagnosis of spinal problems requires great expertise and cutting-edge techniques and this is offered by the Columbia Asia spine team. The spine consultants involve a multi-disciplinary team of neurophysicians, endocrinologists, physiotherapists to ensure that a holistic treatment is given to each patient. Patients and their families are actively involved in designing a patient specific treatment plan. All these customized care plans maximise the success of our treatments.
Conditions and symptoms related to the spine, that are routinely and effectively treated here:
- Back pain
- Bulging disk
- Disk disease including infection
- Lumbar spondylosis
- Spinal stenosis
- Spondylotic myelopathy
- Synovial cyst
- Congenital/Developmental defects of the spine (Scoliosis/Kyphosis, Spinal Deformity)
Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
At Columbia Asia Hospitals, we offer Minimally Invasive, Keyhole and Endoscopic Spine Surgery for Disc Prolapse (Slipped Disc). Newer technology surgeries (Image guided minimally invasive spinal instrumentation and fusion) are done for degenerative spine disorders like spinal stenosis, spondylolisthesis etc.
At the spine surgery unit of Columbia Asia, we also perform cutting edge surgery for spinal degeneration related disorders that are common in the middle aged and elderly. Disc replacement, minimal invasive fusions and extended level surgical spinal decompressions are done routinely with excellent results.
Benefits of Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery:
- Lesser risk of post-surgery complications and infection
- Shorter and more comfortable post-operative recovery in the comfort of one's home
- Better clinical outcomes; Patients regain their functional abilities faster
- Many pre-existing medical conditions are not a contraindication for undergoing Minimally invasive Spine Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Surgery ensures quicker recovery and return to active life.
Advantages of choosing Comprehensive Spine Surgery and Treatment at the Columbia Asia Hospitals:
- Dedicated team of internationally trained and vastly experienced Spine Surgeons, Neurologists, Physicians and Physiotherapist.
- Latest Generation Diagnostic and Imaging facilities including dynamic digital X rays, Spiral CT scanning and MRI all under one roof.
- Use of most advanced surgical techniques and equipment for the treatment of spinal ailments with focus on Minimal Access Micro Endoscopic spine surgeries, Functional spine preservation techniques and Spinal Arthroplasty for all spine diseases.
- Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation by experts after the surgery ensures excellent medical outcomes and helps you quickly regain functional abilities.