The Department of Otorhinolaryngology (ENT) at Columbia Asia Hospital, aims to provide comprehensive solutions to patients with ear, nose and throat problems. The department has highly qualified and experienced specialists, who provide treatment as per international standards. Most of the surgeries are done on a day care basis and are offered as minimally invasive surgeries that are less painful.
The ENT surgeons team up with neurosurgeons to perform Skull base surgeries, many of which are done by endoscopic technique. Cochlear implants and BAHA surgeries for patients who have congenital or acquired hearing loss are also performed.
Well trained audiologists and speech therapists handle diagnostic audiology and provide speech therapy to pediatric and adult patients. All babies born in the hospital mandatorily undergo test for hearing defects, so that it can be identified and corrected early.
Treatments and Procedures:
- Micro-laryngeal and ear surgery
- Endoscopic sinus surgeries for chronic sinusitis and nasal polyps. FESS (Functional endoscopic sinus surgery)
- Rhinoplasty for correction and restructuring, restoring functions and aesthetically enhancing the nose
- Cochlear implantation and BAHA surgeries
- LASER assisted surgeries done for tonsillectomy, nasal septum deviation and tympanoplasty (ear drum surgeries)
- Head and neck cancer surgery
- Micro ear surgeries
- Advanced endoscopic surgeries for CSF Rhinorrhea and anterior skull base tumours
- Micro-laryngeal surgeries for vocal nodules, polyps and thyroplasty for vocal cord palsy
- LASER surgeries for stapedotomy, turbinoplasty , uvulo palato pharyngeoplasty (UPPP ) surgery for Snoring
- Multi-speciality care for skull base tumours, microtia repairs and laryngo tracheal stenosis
- Diagnosis & treatment of snoring and sleep apnoea syndrome
- Full range of audiometry services including speech laboratory, hearing aids, sleep laboratory (Digital Polysomnography)