Columbia Clinic has a well-established department of surgery which focuses on laparoscopic surgery. All trauma patients are evaluated by the surgical team.
Laparoscopic surgery is a preferred technique which is a minimally invasive surgical technique where the surgeon uses a laparoscope to operate; this minimizes scars, decreases pain and enable the patient to recover faster.
This department is supported by round the clock laboratory, radiology and emergency services to ensure patients receive highest level of care in a timely manner.
Treatments and Procedures
- Treatment for trauma and accidents including intercostal drainage
- Surgical emergencies
- Excision of sebaceous cyst, lipoma and lymph node biopsy
- Minor surgical procedures like abscess drainage, carbuncles, soft tissue tumors, hydrocele, hernia, varicocele, vasectomy, circumcision, etc.
- Emergency laparotomy for perforation, intestinal obstruction, appendicitis and strangulated hernia wherever patient is hemodynamically stable or ASA grade 1&2
- Laparoscopic surgery – lap cholecystectomy
- Breast surgery for any tumors, both benign and malignant
- Surgery for fissures, fistulas and hemorrhoids
- Endocrine surgery for thyroid and other endocrine glands
- Surgery for varicose veins and other minor vascular procedures