Columbia Asia Hospitals, provides critical care services round the clock with a team of highly qualified, skilled and experienced intensivists and nurses. The plan of care for the patient is prepared in consensus with the admitting specialist, the patient and the family. Periodic multi-disciplinary briefings on patient’s condition are provided to his/her family.
Intensive Care Team practices evidence based medicine and follows international protocols and quality indicators like ‘FASTHUG’ to enable good outcomes and decreased hospital stay. The ICU outcomes are monitored with tools like ‘APACHE’ scoring and SMR (Standardised Mortality Ratios) that help the department benchmark outcomes against internationally reputed ICUs. Infection control protocols to prevent healthcare associated infections (HCAI) like ventilator associated pneumonia (VAP), catheter related blood stream infection (CRBSI) and catheter associated urinary tract infection (CAUTI) are followed rigorously.
The ICU at Columbia Asia Hospitals, provides retrieval services to patients from other hospitals that do not have similar facilities. It involves transporting critically ill patients from other healthcare facilities in a well-equipped ambulance with a team including an intensivist and an ICU nurse depending on the seriousness of the patient.
- Continuous monitoring for critically ill or injured patients
- Life support measures for patients with multi organ failure
- Post-operative care to transplant patients, critically ill, surgical patients
- Non-invasive and invasive ventilation
- Dialysis, percutaneous tracheostomies, chest drain insertions and fibre-optic bronchoscopies
- Multidisciplinary meetings for complicated patients
- Retrieval services