The Department of Medical Gastroenterology Columbia Asia Hospitals, has a highly skilled team of Gastroenterologists who have been trained in some of the best institutes in India and abroad. The specialty offers a wide range of treatment options to both pediatric and adult patients having liver, esophagus, stomach and intestinal, pancreatic diseases and nutritional problems.
A multi-disciplinary team involving medical, surgical and radiological expertise perform procedures like transjugular intra hepatic porto systemic shunts (TIPS), transjugular liver biopsy and trans-arterial chemotherapy. The department has advanced equipment like high definition endoscopy, and endoscopic ultrasound and is well supported by round the clock laboratory, ICU, radiology and emergency services to ensure patients receive highest level of care in a timely manner. receive highest level of care in a timely manner.
Treatments and Procedures
- Diagnostic gastroscopy and colonoscopy
- Balloon enteroscopy
- ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangio Pancreatography)
- Therapeutic Endoscopy
- Liver Biopsy – routine, transjugular biopsies and hepatic portal vein gradient measurements (HVPG).
- Placement of feeding tubes –gastrostomy (PEG) and jejunostomy tubes.
- Transjugular intra hepatic porto systemic Shunts (TIPS)
- Trans-arterial chemotherapy.