November 23, 2018
Columbia Asia Hospital – Bintulu (CAH-B) launched its new building extension today that included the upgrading of its healthcare services and facilities as well as more medical disciplines and skilled consultants. The booming development of this township, residential areas as well as multinational corporations prompted CAH-B to build an extension and expand its services to fulfil the needs of the growing Bintulu community.
“There was no doubt that Bintulu needed more in terms of healthcare services, in order to fulfil the needs of its growing population and vast development.”
Bearing that in mind, the hospital has introduced new additions and features to meet the health needs of the people of Bintulu and its vicinities. These enhancements of CAH-B inspired its tagline — ‘Transforming to Meet Your Healthcare Needs’. The following are the new additions/features of the hospital:-
- Three additional medical disciplines; dermatology, urology and radiology.
- Six resident consultants:-
- Dr Thomas Lau Yun Guan (Paediatrics)
- Dr Bishnu Charan Pattnaik (Internal Medicine)
- Dr Abg Mohd Affendi bin Abang Yusop (General Surgery)
- Dr Eric Marcek Munjan (Radiology)
- Two visiting consultants:-
- Dr Kho Wee Meng (Dermatology)
- Dr Nur Adilah Sulaiman (Psychiatry)
- An upgraded Occupational Health department featuring a medical check-up programme; Audiometry and Urine/Drug/Alcohol testing approved by the Department of Safety and Health.
- An Ambulatory and Scope unit with therapeutic OGDS.
- An Intensive Care Unit
- A Ministry-approved Isolation Unit with a negative pressure for patient room.
- Expansion of CAH-B Radiology Services to include Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), CT Scan, Ultrasound, Mammography and X-Ray with Teleradiology facility and PAC System.
- A fully equipped Physiotherapy Unit.
- An in-house café (Café Columbia).
- A CEMPIA system whereby patients and visitors can give instant online feedback on a tablet.
- A Columbia Asia app for patients to make appointments, check results and soon, make payment.
A day after the launch of the new extension and its services, CAH-B held a Community Health Day. This was held on Saturday 17th of Nov from 8am to 3pm, and was open to the public. Among its family-friendly activities were a Family Fun Run, Little Kids Zumba, Kids Fashion Show and a special appearance by Zoey, the parrot mascot of Columbia Kids Club.
Click for Online Article: