Assisted Independent Living
Extended care provides nursing and rehabilitative care in a skilled nursing facility for senior citizens or disabled patients. Patients can be of any age. They may be chronically ill, disabled, elderly or unable to live independently, needing daily support and assistance.
Outpatient Medical Treatment
Palliative care provides relief from pain and other distressing symptoms when one is suffering from a terminal disease. It encourages living yet regards dying as a natural process without intending to neither accelerate nor postpone death. It also integrates the psychological and spiritual aspects of patient care and offers a support system to help patients live as enthusiastically as possible until death. It also offers a support system to help the family members cope during the patients’ ailment and in their own bereavement.
Our palliative team will address the needs of patients and their families, including ways to enhance the quality of life, positively influence the course of illness as well as bereavement counseling.
Rehabilitation (physiotherapy, occupational and speech therapy)
The department of Physiotherapy aims at delivering the most suitable treatment for an injury or condition in order to enhance mobility and quality of life. Our physiotherapists assess and treat people with injuries or disabilities. They also emphasize patient education to avoid future injuries and maintain a fit, healthy body.
Services provided include:
- Interferential therapy (IFT)
- Ultrasound therapy
- Short wave diathermy (SWD)
- Traction - cervical / lumbar
- Paraffin wax therapy
- Combi therapy
- Laser therapy
- Continuous passive motion
- Exercise therapy including post natal exercises
- Speech therapy
- Occupational therapy; provides comprehensive and individualized evaluations of the patient’s and the environment he or she is living in. It also makes recommendations for adaptive equipment and trains its usage. It gives guidance as well as education to family members and caregivers with the aim to increase the patient’s participation in daily activities.
Rental of Medical Equipment
Respite Care (Short-term)
- In order for caregivers to care for their charge, they too need to take a ‘break’ and recharge through time spent on themselves.
- Our extended care facility in Shah Alam provides respite care for patients who are elderly or immobile while their families or caregivers are away.