What is Nephrology?Nephrology is a branch of medical science that deals with diseases and disorders of the kidneys.
Nephrology deals with the study of the normal working of the kidneys as well as its diseases. The diseases that come under the scope of nephrology include:
- Glomerular disorders: Nephrotic syndrome and nephritis.
- Urine abnormalities such as excess excretion of protein, sugar, blood, casts, crystals etc.
- Tubulointerstitial diseases
- Renal vascular diseases
- Kidney and bladder stones
- Kidney infections
- Polycystic kidneys diseases
- Cancers of the kidneys, bladder, and urethra
- Effects of diseases like diabetes and high blood pressure on kidney
- Autoimmune diseases including autoimmune vasculitis, lupus, etc.
- Ill effects of drugs and toxins on the kidneys
- Chronic kidney disease
- Acute kidney injury
- Dialysis includes hemodialysis as well as peritoneal dialysis
Our Nephrologists provide patients with accurate diagnosis and treatment for diseases in the kidney as well as provide advice on kidney care. Our Nephrology department works closely with our Urology department to provide the best treatment for our patients.
For inpatients and outpatients with acute and chronic renal failure, the Dialysis Centre at Columbia Asia offers treatments in a modern setting equipped with reputable and reliable dialysis facilities. This establishment provides patients with the best possible care, giving them comfort and peace of mind during the dialysis process.
Patients who require regular dialysis or suffering from chronic kidney disease are assessed by experienced Consultant Nephrologists and assisted by renal nurses as well as other medical professionals. This multi-disciplinary team supports and provides the necessary expertise and nursing care needed during the hemodialysis treatment. It is our aim to provide patients personalized services in a relaxed and conducive environment especially set up for dialysis care.
Dialysis Centre Available In: