Our Orthopedic and Trauma Surgeons are highly trained to provide treatment for all major and minor trauma and other orthopedic situations which include sports injuries and spinal surgeries.
The surgeons are part of our 24-Hour Accident and Emergency (A & E) Department and are capable of dealing with orthpedic emergencies.
Orthopedic services include:
- Medical and surgical treatment of various orthopedic disorders
- Joint replacement surgeries of the hip, knee and shoulder joints
- Arthroscopic surgeries of various joints
- Treatment of ligament injuries and sports injuries
- Limb reconstruction, micro-vascular and hand surgery
- Ilizarov ring fixator treatment for various orthopedic situations
- Correction of deformities of upper and lower limbs
- Surgery of the spine like disc surgery, fixation of spine fractures and correction of deformities
Arthroplasty & Sports Injury / Medicine
Sports surgeons treats conditions and injuries that are related primarily to joints that are affected due to sports-related wear and tear as well as injury.
However, it is not limited to only sports injuries but all the relative joints that are affected due to various conditions. Some of the conditions are either acute or chronic such as rotator cuff tendon tears, impingement syndrome, and recurrent dislocation of shoulders. Other conditions include Meniscal (cartilage) tears, Chondromalacia (wearing or injury of cartilage cushion) and Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) tears which can cause permanent instability in the knee if left untreated.
Several procedures may combine arthroscopic and standard surgery such as meniscal repair, ACL & PCL repair, rotator cuff surgery and many more.
Spine surgeons treat conditions that can cause pain including bulging or herniated discs, vertebral fractures, bone spurs and spinal stenosis (narrowing of the spinal canal). These symptoms can be treated through non-surgical or surgical treatments. Besides these conditions, spine surgeons also treat conditions such as scoliosis which varies from congenital conditions to idiopathic in nature. Types of spine surgeries performed are discectomy, nucleotomy, laminectomy, fusions, vertebroplasty and many other types of minimally invasive spine surgeries.
Pediatric orthopaedic surgeons diagnose, treat, and manage children's musculoskeletal problems, such as:
- Limb and spine deformities noted at birth or later in life (clubfoot, scoliosis, limb length differences)
- Gait abnormalities (limping)
- Broken bones
You can also make an appointment with any of our doctors via our Make an Appointment page.